[Zope] Killer features for a user group site?

Florian Konnertz florian.konnertz@web.de
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 14:26:05 +0100

Tue Wennerberg wrote:
> Florian Konnertz wrote:
>
>> Tue Wennerberg wrote:
>>>
>>> My question is: What are the best features for a user group website?

>> Imo, THE killer feature/app (for content-contribution) is ZWiki
>> (http://zwiki.org), combining email(-lists) and web.
>>
>> Do you consider CMF also or is this too big for your group? If yes,
>> i'd suggest the combo of CMF and ZWiki.
>

> I hadn't really thought of ZWiki, but I know the concept. I'll
> definitely have another look.
Good. If you have any questions, you're welcome to mail me or ask on
http://zwiki.org/GeneralDiscussion

> My current version of the future site is a CMF-1.3 based site. However,
> I've stripped it down to a few elements, I've even removed member homes
> for now (they confuse people).
Oh :-( - I think i understand.

  New object instances are instead created
> in the folder where they belong to (e.g. meeting announcements are
> created by the member in the /meetings/ folder).
This issue is something i wonder about (in another way as CMF of course)
in NooWiki too. Hoo can people create new pages and define easily which
part of the page should A) stay in their SubWiki, B) go to the MainWiki,
C) be acquired of their corresponding SubWiki page. That's a complicated
and confusing task.

> Also, I've added a method for auto-generated IDs, since people shouldn't
> have to worry about that for dynamic elements, imo.
>
> Meeting announcements automatically show up on the front page when
> published, and so should news items.
>
> I'm considering showing, also on the front page, the headlines of the
> latest messages in the mailing list archive.
Sounds good.
I'd appreciate you letting me know your progress.

Regards,
Florian

--
Florian Konnertz