[Zope] undo machinery mysteries

Jeff Sacksteder jwsacksteder@ramprecision.com
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 08:52:37 -0500

>Yes, my needs are similar. Ive discussed this capabaility with Jim Fulton
>before, and he argues that this type of history should be retained at
>application level, not in the ZODB. I think this capability will be useful

If he is willing to state catagoricly that they are not interested in using
the zodb is this way, then it should be built into the application or
product. I just wanted to verify that I wasn't overlooking some built-in
feature- re-inventing the wheel and all that.

>Supporting a longer-than-normal history for undo means retaining extra
>revisions of other objects that happen to be modified in the same
>transaction. I dont think you or I need that. Right?

Correct.

--
Toby Dickenson
http://www.geminidataloggers.com/people/tdickenson