[Zope] The Goblins of Zope

beno zope@thewebsons.com
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 14:23:45 -0400

At 12:41 PM 1/15/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>I agree with Chris.  We've been using Zope for just over a year and we
>haven't had any strangeness that wasn't without good reason.  Almost all
>of the problems that we have had have been because of programming errors
>on our part, configuration errors, or third-party product problems.
>We've had production sites up for many months now with no trouble.
>
>One of the nice things about Zope is that if there is some weird going on,
>you have the source code to fix it.  Try that with commercial J2EE platforms.

You guys are all much better programmers than I. I certainly don't want to
give anyone the impression that I'm complaining. Nothing's perfect. Zope is
a wonderful product. I'm the weakest link in the lot. But what happened
just looked so weird...and I've had similar things happen before. I was
just curious if anyone else had, too. No need to rush to the defence of an
excellent but imperfect product :))
beno