[Zope] DMTL-document as parameter to DMTL

AM list_subscriber@neurobs.com
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 08:12:05 -0800

WHen you do something of the form.http://url?foo.txt ( well thats not
the right way but..) foo.txt comes in as a request parameter called
QUERY_STRING. Actually anything after the '?'.

The right way would be http://url?file=foo.txt

then you could access foo.txt as REQUEST.file or REQUEST.get('file'). If
you do it this way you can alos send in other stuff via the URL.

However if you do have to use the URL you mention use
REQUEST.QUERY_STRING to get it.

hth
AM

Hans Sandsdalen wrote:

>Hi
>
>I want to be able to get the name of a DTML-document as a parameter to a
>DTML-method, so that I can display it the way I want.
>
>In other words, if I want to see foo.txt this way, I would use
>
>http://.....display?foo.txt
>
>How do I get the value of the parameter if display is a DTML-method?
>
>Any ideas?

 Aseem Mohanty
 Neurobehavioral Systems Inc, 828 San Pablo Ave, Albany, CA 94706
 (R) 510 7696011 (M) 510 3014871 (O) 510 5279231
 "I saw `cout' being shifted "Hello world" times to the left and
  stopped right there!!"                        -- Steve Gonedes