[Zope] String as path?

Gerald D. Anderson gander@mail.cox.smu.edu
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 08:28:27 -0600

Good morning (to those of you in my general part of the world).  I have
a question I haven't been able to find the answer to in any
documentation.  I'm creating a little script that will create 'Folder'
items for user to put stuff in.  I need to be able to set the "path"
dynamically.  What I have is:

context.web.users.usertitle.manage_addFolder(courseNumber, courseTitle)

I need to be able to set the item 'usertitle' dynamically (ie. from a
parameter on a form).  Or even better be able to construct a string
something like. . .pathString = "context.web.users." + userTitleVar,
then pathString.manage_addFolder. . . .

Any help on figuring a way to do something like this would be very much
appreciated, if I had hair, I'd be pulling the last few out.

Thanks in advance,