[Zope] uploading page templates?

Andrew Altepeter aaltepet@bethel.edu
17 Jan 2003 10:02:46 -0600

Hi All,

I am working on a content management solution for 'fairly-static'
content.  One of the requirements is that site-maintainers need to be
able to create new html files using dreamweaver or front page, and
upload those documents into zope.

These html documents are really page templates.  I have read in the Zope
Book that the only way to upload page templates in Zope 2.6 is to first
go into the ZMI and add a page template, then using your ftp program,
upload to /zope/path/page_template/source.html.

ZPT's are the idea way for me to structure this whole system, but is
there an easier way to upload ZPT's (like, setting the default upload
for html documents to be a ZPT, not a DTML document, and not needing to
specify /source.html?)

I'm thinking that I might need to hack the source to get the default
behaviour changed: a challenge I am up for.  Is there a better way to do
this, or am I out of luck?

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Andy