[Zope] Dynamically generating fielsd in a form

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 21:47:36 +0100

D2 wrote at 2003-1-16 15:39 -0400:
 > First case : I know the URL of the place to store (ObjectManager ?)
 > then the URL will be http://...../ObjectManager/FormTemplate
 > And inside my form i will use 'context' wich will be the ObjectManager.
I do not expect that you let your form store the object
but the corresponding form action.

But otherwise, this is okay.

 > Second case : I don't know the URL of the ObjectManager.
This is impossible.

When you want to store the object somewhere, you must know where...

 > So whatever the
 > way it is found, it must be in the REQUEST object.
"restrictedTraverse" may help you to locate the object
(--> embedded Zope Help System --> Zope Help --> API Reference
--> ObjectManagerItem).

 > I pass the REQUEST to a Python script and then this script will generate
 > a RESPONSE, redirected to the same URL as mentionned in the first case.
The same seems a bit strange.

 > My form will be generalized and populated by the URL or the REQUEST.
I still think, its the action and not the form....

 > Does it make sense ?
I do not yet feel confident...

Dieter