[Zope] DataGrids - any suggestions?

Satheesh Babu vattekkat.babu@verizon.net
17 Jan 2003 19:49:16 -0500

Hi,

I was looking at ASP.Net and one thing I really liked is their DataGrid
control. Quite often, there comes requirements to make small databases
(or small parts of databases) web enabled.

It is easy enough in Zope to write SQL methods and make page templates
as UI.

Anyone has any suggestions about:
- quick tricks that lets user manipulate a grid on the client side
  - insert/update/delete
- easy client side JS validation
- update to database

I'm thinking of unearthing some JS libraries that let you manage a grid
and then using normal Zope form datatypes like records to post it to a
db.

I'm not looking for a table-data maintainer. More like a list
maintainer, mainly for master-child tables with one master record and
multiple children records being maintained.

- Babu
--
Vattekkat Satheesh Babu
http://vsbabu.org/