[Zope] POSKeyError II: Dead By Dawn

Luca Olivetti luca@wetron.es
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 09:48:10 +0100

Paul Winkler wrote:
> They're baaaaaaack....
>
> after a recent thread on Zope "Goblins" I decided
> to try the fstest.py script and see what it had to
> tell me.  Sadly it found errors in my Data.fs on
> our development server. Lots of work has
> been done in that server recently; worried
> about losing data, I copied the Data.fs (plain
> old unix cp command) and ran fsrecover.py on the copy
> to see what it finds.
>
> I tee'd the output of fsrecover.py (stdout & stderr) to a file
> and I'm glad I did, because I've never seen anything
> this bad.

I had similar results with a twist: I'm currently using zope 2.6.1b1, so
I run the fstest.py that comes with it. It says:

4482765 object serialno 0x0348f97b7e5d184c does not matchtransaction id
0x034924f770139433

So I run 2.6.1b1 fsrecover.py and .... it wipes all the data from
Data.fs (original Data.fs 20M, new Data.fs 4 *bytes*).

Retested with the corresponding utilities from 2.6.0 and now fsrecover
seems to recover all the data (I say "seems" since I didn't test yet the
resulting Data.fs).

Everything seems to be working fine with the "corrupted" Data.fs.

Should I worry?

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004      Fax +34 93 5883007