[Zope] Re: FTP

Maik Jablonski maik.jablonski@uni-bielefeld.de
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 13:50:54 +0100

D. Rick Anderson wrote:
> I'm having a problem with the FTP portion of one of my zope servers.
> This server is hosting about 6 domains using VHM, but when I ftp into
> it, it drops me into one of the virtual host directories no matter which
> domain I ftp to.
>
> Let me clarify. I'll use example names. I have directory1, directory2
> and directory3. They're all setup in the VHM as
> *.directory1.com/directory1 and so on. When I FTP to ANY of the domains,
> I'm put into directory3. Doesn't matter what username/password
> combination that I use. I can log in as the emergency user and it still
> puts me in directory3. I can log into ftp.directory2.com and it will
> still put me in directory3.
>
> I have 3 Zope servers running:
> Zope 2.6.0 (binary release, python 2.1, linux2-x86), python 2.1.3, linux2
> RedHat 8.0
>
> The other two are running virtual hosts as well, but aren't having this
> problem.

I have the same problem with FTP and VHM. Zope2.6-Head, python2.1.3,
Redhat 7.2.

What happens:

If I connect via "localhost:8021", the VHM gets "myvirtualserverdomain"
as hostname already (I've inserted a "print host" statement to debug).
So I think it's not a problem of the VHM-Code, because if the VHM sees
"myvirtualserverdomain" as hostname already it should drop me into my
virtual directory.

Maybe it's a ZServer-Bug or something strange with Redhat's resolving of
hostnames.

I'll look deeper into it, but maybe there are others who encounter the
same problem... other configs?

Cheers, Maik