[Zope] Zope hangs easily.

Mike Renfro renfro@tntech.edu
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 07:44:15 -0600

On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 01:55:12AM -0800, Jingzhao Ou wrote:

> I am a newbie to Zope. I installed it on a Sun machine with Solaris
> 8. I used ./start & to get Zope running. However, it hangs
> easily. When some one downloads some pdf files, it will stop
> running.
>
> Also, I started the ftp server as well. However, whenever I
> connected to the ftp server, Zope will also stop running.

I'm guessing that you're closing the terminal that started Zope after
putting it in the background. If so, first leave the terminal running
to see if any error or debugging messages get printed during these
activities you describe, and if they do, then use 'nohup' to start it,
something like 'nohup ./start &'

If I've guessed wrongly, you'll probably need to provide some more
details for troubleshooting.

--
Mike Renfro  / R&D Engineer, Center for Manufacturing Research,
931 372-3601 / Tennessee Technological University -- renfro@tntech.edu