[Fwd: Re: [Zope] Non-persistent ZClasses?]

D2 borelan@wanadoo.fr
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 12:33:19 -0400

Sorry John, i didn't click on 'reply-to-all' so you did'nt received=20
Paul's reply.
Find it below.

I added you last message too.

r>

 > On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 06:52:01PM -0400, D2 wrote:
 > > Zope brings persistence to Python and Zclasses are Zope classes so=20
 > > > they
 > > are always persistent. That's a newbie point of view.

 > And it's wrong. :)
 > Classes in zope are only persistent if they inherit from=20
 >Globals.Persistent
 > directly or indirectly.

 > As for ZClasses, I don't know anything about working with them.
 > --

 > Paul Winkler
 > http://www.slinkp.com
 > Look! Up in the sky! It's FAKER SLUDGE!
 > (courtesy of isometric.spaceninja.com)

John Coleman wrote

Great...if I can't create a non-persistent ZClass, how would I create=20
one of these so-called "non-persistent wrapper classes?"  Would this be=20
a pluggable brain, or an external method?

Thanks

John
--=20
John Coleman
jcoleman@sbc.edu
--=20
Rev 13:16-17, translated for the information age:
http://www.passport.com
--=20

----------

In the ZopeBook - Extending Zope
http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition

You'll find a way to avoid to Include standard Zope persistent object=20
base classes.

This option is available when you add a Zclass where it can be unchecked.

... "Include standard Zope persistent object base classes?
This option should be checked unless you don't want your object to be=20
saved in the database. This is
an advanced option and should only be used for Pluggable Brains. For=20
this example, leave this box
checked. "....

Andre
Newbie wanting to upgrade to newbie+ in the next 50 years :)