[Zope] About factory_type_information

D2 borelan@wanadoo.fr
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 15:12:50 -0400

Mark McEahern a =E9crit:
>>After reading portal.py, what i understood is that
>>factory_type_information is used in the setup of a CMFSite, by
>>PortalGenerator.setupType, to fill in portal_types tool with the defaul=
>>types.
>>It's a way to customize a basic CMF Site
>>If i want to add y own types, i can define a module sometype.py and add
>>its factory_type_information to portal.factory_type_information
>>otherwise i'll have to add a Factory_type_based_information in
>>portal_types workspace.
>>If i want to use PortalGenerator.setupTypes in my own module to registe=
>>my type in portal_types, i suppose i'll have to create an instance of
>>PortalGenerator in my module but that i don't need to use
>>PortalGenerator as a base class of my module.
>>
>>Am i right ? (i'm a newbie so my questions may be simples ones)
>=20
>=20
> I'm still learning a lot about Zope and the CMF myself, but what I foun=
> helpful is lots of experimentation and examining Plone's source code.
> You'll notice their PloneSite subclasses CMFSite.  PloneGenerator subcl=
asses
> CMFDefault.Portal.PortalGenerator.  They also have a neat concept of
> CustomizationPolicy objects.

That's right and that's what i'll need to do : a CustomizationPolicy.

I'm examining Plone's source but as a newbie to Python, Zope and Plone,=20
i have to examine many tutorials, books, scripts, etc at a time and i=20
have a serious disability, i'm using W!ndows.
Do you know that the search function of this os can't search a string in=20
.py file like unix's grep could do ? So when i'm searching references to=20
functions called from various modules, i must open all the files and=20
search inside each one.
So, from time to time i ask questions to have a path or a kick and to=20
not give up.
But, by having to search in all modules, i think i'll finally have a=20
large vision of the whole system.

Thank's for your help.

Andre

>=20