[Zope] problems after a crash

Alexis Roda arv@si.urv.es
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 10:18:11 +0100

Dylan Reinhardt wrote:

> At 05:02 AM 1/28/2003, Alexis Roda wrote:
> >Hi,
> >I'm running ZOPE 2.5.1 on a windows machine. After a crash the tree on
> >the left frame of the management interface don't load
> >(http://localhost:8080/manage_menu). If I access two or three objects
> >then the whole web management interface stops responding. Any idea of
> >how to fix that?
>
> Some more detail would be helpful here.
>
> When you say "after a crash" do you mean that Zope is crashing, Windoze is
> crashing, or some other kind of error is taking place?  Does *after* a
> crash mean before you reboot or after that?

Windows stoped responding and I rebooted the machine "the bad way".
After the reboot/scandisk ZOPE showed some messages about errors on
Data.fs, it fixed them and started normally.

> Are you running Zope as a service?  If not, are you losing the DOS box Zope
> is running from when you have one of these crashes?  When you restart, does
> the service/program launch at boot time?  Are you running WinNT/2K/XP or
> Win95/98/ME?

I run ZOPE on win95osr2 and I start it manually from the .bat.  The DOS
box stays on screen until I shutdown ZOPE through the management
interface (if I'm lucky) or with CTRL + BREAK if the management
interface stops responding.

> Finally, when you say Zope stops responding, are you getting back
> errors?  Or is your browser hung?

No error, the browser shows the top and right frames and keeps loading
the left frame forever.

Thanks for the response
--
                                  ////