[Zope] Acquisition and/or Traversal ?

D2 borelan@wanadoo.fr
Tue, 28 Jan 2003 17:14:26 -0400

Needing a starting point to understand how traversal and acquisition
work, would you give me some hints to solve the type of problem below ?

In this example company, a subsidiary must establish proposal based on a
product list. If it doesn't have products, it must use the headquarter's
ones.

1 with this hierarchy, how can i reach the Product list in the Products
Folder from Proposal 1  of Subsidiary 1 ?

2 If Products weren't folder but objects and items weren't contained
objects but properties of Products, would the solution be the same ?

Root/Headquarter

        |-- Products (Folder)
        |       |
        |       |