[Zope] Is DTML needed for Python Products?

Paul Winkler pw_lists@slinkp.com
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 13:38:00 -0800

On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 04:16:30PM -0500, Jon Whitener wrote:
> I will soon try to create my first Python Product on the file system for Zope.  Is it necessary or better to use DTML for the product's Web interfaces, or can I try to use Page Templates instead?

You can use page templates. Example:

from Products.PageTemplates.PageTemplateFile import PageTemplateFile

manage_addMyProductForm = PageTemplateFile('MyProductAddForm',globals())

... then on the filesystem just create "MyProductAddForm.zpt".

> All of the documentation tends to discuss DTML methods.
> Is using ZPT much different

yes, if you mean the syntax of ZPT compared to the syntax of DTML.

> or more difficult?

no.

--

Paul Winkler