[Zope] Permissions Problem When Adding ZObject

Rob Thorne rob@torenware.com
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 16:01:40 -0800

I'm trying to figure out a permissions problem.  This post from 23
December describes almost exactly my problem.  Since I didn't see a
solution on the list, here it is:

    --- In zope@yahoogroups.com, Catonano <a.peluso@f...> wrote:
     > Hello all,
     >
     > I'm tring to execute this script:
     >
     > lista = []
     > folder = container.indice2() #indice2 is a ZCatalog
     > for file in folder:
     >  if not file.hasProperty('codice'):
     >   lista.append(file.id)
     >   attributes=getattr(folder, file)
     >   attributes.manage_addProperty('codice', 'inserted yet', 'string')
     > return lista
     >
     > I borrowed the idea from the /Examples/GuestBook/addEntry  script
     >
     > Zope prompts me for a user name and passwd, I type my usual account
     > data (I'm the only user and I think I have full privileges) and BAM!
     >
     > Zope Error
     >
     > Zope has encountered an error while publishing this resource.
     >
     > Error Type: Unauthorized
     > Error Value: You are not allowed to access in this context
     >
     > Troubleshooting Suggestions
     >
     >     * The URL may be incorrect.
     >     * The parameters passed to this resource may be incorrect.
     >     * A resource that this resource relies on may be encountering an
     > error.
     >
     > For more detailed information about the error, please refer to
    the HTML
     > source for this page.
     >
     > If the error persists please contact the site maintainer. Thank
    you for
     > your patience.
     >
     > I tried to give the script all the proxy roles I could
     > I opened Control Panel/acl_users and gave manage property
    permission to
     > managers and owners (I'm a manager user): NOTHING!
     >
     > Please: what's going on?
     >
     > Thanks anybody who will help me
     > Bye
     > Catonano

I'm getting the same basic error.  With VerboseSecurity installed, I get the error:

    *Error Type: Unauthorized*
    *Error Value: Your user account, Anonymous User, does not have the
    required permission. Access to 'FarmUserClass' of (FactoryDispatcher
    instance at 8adcc80) denied. Access requires one of the following
    roles: ['Manager']. Your roles in this context are ['Anonymous'].

    or

    **Error Type: Unauthorized*
    *Error Value: The object is marked as private. Access to
    'propertysheets' of (ZClass instance at 89d2628) denied.*

When I execute the script, I'm logged in as a manager user as defined in the top level acl_users folder.

The app is a modification of the JobBoard tutorial posted on the Zope.org site (http://www.zope.org/Members/mukhsein/job_board_howto/index_html?pp=1).  The tutorial works in my Zope instance, but the adapted version fails as above. I've done the v. 2.2+ suggestion in the tutorial; it doesn't help either.

I'll add more detail if someone can suggest what kind of information is relevant.  But for now, just finding better information about how permissions work would probably help.

Thanks,
Rob

--
Rob Thorne