[Zope] WYSIWYG Editor for Zope.

Charlie Reiman creiman@kefta.com
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 10:07:46 -0800

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-admin@zope.org]On Behalf Of Javier de
la Torre
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2003 6:26 AM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] WYSIWYG Editor for Zope.

Hi.

I'm new in this list and this is my first message to the community :)

Well, here come my question.

I've been searching around for a Wysiwyg editor that i could include to edit
the content of my DTML documents.
I founded some web pages (here is a list of possibilities) explaining how to
integrate an IE Editor inside Zope but after the instalation of it (the one
from vsbabu.org exactly because it also has the posibilities to include
images and links from the server) i founded a very anoying problem.
When you edit a document with this Microsoft Editing control it removes my
<dtml-var standard_html_header> and starts writing after my <dtml-var
standard_html_footer>.

So it brokes the structure of my page.

My final idea is... i've got a web page managed by non technical users. In
every web page there's a link to an administration page where they will have
this visual control to edit the contents of this specific page. This will
make everything very easy.

I can't understand why this kind of tool is not more developed for Zope when
probably it will make the editing of documents no so awful for non technical
persons.

Thanks in advance.

Bye!