[Zope] Adding Properties to Folder Objects via a Zope Python Script

Paul Winkler pw_lists@slinkp.com
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 15:30:18 -0800

On Thu, Jan 30, 2003 at 01:52:14PM -0800, Asad Habib wrote:
> Hi. I was wondering whether any of you know if it is
> possible to create properties for Folder objects using
> a Zope Python script that can then be invoked from a
> DTML method. I know that this is possible using Zope's
> management interface, but this procedure is not
> scalable. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Of course. :)
see the 2.6 version of the zope book, "Advanced Scripting" chapter.

http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/ScriptingZope.stx

search for "new property" and you'll find it.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com