[Zope] Re: ZCatalog and Xron

Josef Meile jmeile@hotmail.com
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 19:28:57 +0100

> Another problem is that Xron seems to trigger its
> methods as many times as it 'missed' if the server is
> stopped for a while.
Once I experienced this problem with Xron. I think
your case is similar to mines, but the crash
circunstances, which I've already disscused in another
topic, are different:

My zope died, but the Xron method couldn't be completed
successfully. Then when Zope tried again to start, xron tried
again to trigger the method. But zope died again and so on. In
other words, Zope couldn't complete the transaction and
thats why Xron couldn't reschedule the method. This is a reason
that makes me think about migrating my Xron Methods to the
crontab.

Regards,
Josef