[Zope] Portal/Portlets Integration and SSL

Paul Winkler pw_lists@slinkp.com
Tue, 1 Jul 2003 10:22:03 -0400

On Tue, Jul 01, 2003 at 08:58:46AM -0400, John Wubbel wrote:
(snip)
> for the portlet will have a http://www.xyz.net:8000/... pointing to the
> location of the document. This all works fine, however now I have 1 or 2
> documents that are confidential and must be handled via https://... for
> a particular portlet.
>
> I have been experimenting without much success. The browser of course
> will indicate that not all components on the page are secure because of
> the fact that the embedded links in the page have http in them. As soon
> as I make the change to the https protocol, the links will not resolve.

of course not... zope isn't running https.

> Do I have to somehow make the ZServer also SSL compliant in some manner
> in order for it to figure out what https means. Any help or comments
> would be very much appreciated. TIA.

The usual way to do this is to run zope behind an SSL server, e.g.
Apache. There are many documents available about this.
An alternative approach adds SSL support directly to Zope:
http://www.zope.org/Members/Ioan/ZopeSSL

For a totally different approach - including content from zope
directly into a JSP - see here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pstream/

--

Paul Winkler