[Zope] Retrieving zope management password.

Sukhwinder Singh ssruprai@hotmail.com
Wed, 2 Jul 2003 00:48:59 +0530

> In a previous post you indicated you were connecting to ZODB
> standalone.  Is the inituser login failing in standalone mode, or have
> you gone back to working through the ZMI?   If it's the latter, make
> sure you have followed *these* instructions:

I am trying to Zope Management Interface. I replaced old database (data.fs)
file with new one. And now login is not possible through ZMI. I do have
backup copy. Old data.fs does allow login. It seems that passwords are
stored in data.fs

Can you tell me where username and passwords are stored in case of zope? In
data.fs or in inituser?

> On a somewhat related note, it sounds like you may be stuck with a
> problem you don't have the resources (time, documentation, experience)
> to solve.  I'd suggest putting some money toward getting help from
> someone with more hands-on Zope experience.

I have to do it myself and I'll do it. I have already managed to extract
data from one of the object (student), in old data.fs, and saved these 4000
records to csv file. I'll tell you later what method I used to extract it. I
have found about 80% of attributes of this object. There are 6 main objects.
Object which stores most data is student. I'll get data out of other objects
as well.

Now the problem is, how to login to ZMI because I have to add some external
methods. I cannot do it without management username and password.

I did restart the zope after creating the user but login failed.

What I did is just replaced data.fs.

How do I login now?

--Sukhwinder Singh