[Zope] mysql connections in External Methods

Dennis Allison allison@sumeru.stanford.EDU
Tue, 1 Jul 2003 15:28:12 -0700 (PDT)

I have an external method that opens its own connection to MySQL and
performs a few reads and updates, then I close the connection.
Apparently closing the connection does not really close things off as
the connections are persistent.  Eventually, I run out and things
grind to a halt.  Is there a way to force the connection to really die?
(The obvious alternative is to either have a single connection which
persists in the external method or to fetch the connection from Zope,
either of which will work, of course.)