[Zope] Does FSPythonMethod exist? On disk, non-restricted Python methods?

Joel Burton joel@joelburton.com
Wed, 2 Jul 2003 09:11:37 -0400

I develop for CMF largely by working off the filesystem (to easier use
CVS), so I create all my ZPTs, PythonScripts, etc., using
FileSystemDirectoryViews (FSDVs).

I'd like to be able to create on-disk PythonScripts that aren't
security restricted in the way a normal PythonScript is.

Using External Methods isn't quite suitable because, while they aren't
security limited, they can't exist in a FSDV; you have to add them to a
normal Zope folder. Furthermore, by keeping the actual source code in an
Extension file outside my CVS tree, it's a bit of a pain.

k_vertigo has a Product
(http://www.zope.org/Members/k_vertigo/Products/Products/FileSystemSite)
that introduces FSExternalMethods, which are external methods that can
be kept in a FSDV. This lets me create the External Method on disk, but
still has the (smaller) problems of the actual code being in a separate
directory.

Is there a way to easily tweak the PythonScript product to remove its
security limitations? Then I could copy it and use the modified copy for
my unlimited scripts. Or (less pretty) a way to have ExternalMethods
read from a file in their own directory?

Or other ideas about the best way to go about this?

Thanks!

- j.

--

Joel BURTON  |  joel@joelburton.com  |  joelburton.com  |  aim: wjoelburton
Independent Knowledge Management Consultant