[Zope] (no subject)

baiewola@netscape.net baiewola@netscape.net
Thu, 03 Jul 2003 08:08:39 -0400

I did not see this on the list, although I sent it 2 days ago. A colleague has had this same problem with the Zopelist. Does anyone have any idea what causes it?

Anyway, here's my real response...

Sorry for my belated reply. We've implemented a password-change form and have a work-around to let users back into the system when they've locked themselves out.

Rather than email the user their forgotten password, we have a two step process which allows them to change their password: First, it checks to make sure they are a valid user. If they are a valid user, it sends them an email. If they really want to change their password, they click a link in the email and their new password is mailed to them. The new password is randomly generated and annoying to encourage them to change it right away.

If you haven't figured it out yet and want my code, email me directly.