[Zope] Re: Zope, WebDAV and MS-Office

Paul Winkler pw_lists@slinkp.com
Thu, 3 Jul 2003 16:04:07 -0400

On Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 08:00:35PM +0200, Sinclair wrote:
> > Start zope with '-W [portnumber]', and use that portnumber when connecting
> > your webfolder:
> > http://somehost.org:8181/documents
>
> Thank you.
>
> That works but... not really like I want.
> I can edit an excel file once, but at the second try its state is "read
> only" !!????
> And how to use DAV features like lock/unlock ?

Windows web-folders doesn't follow the webdav specs correctly, and it
is buggy. Various zope developers have tried to improve zope's support for
the windows implementation, but this is apparently a big effort and
nobody has been able to get adequate information to do it.

TeamDrive and Webdrive are reported to work much better, but
they are not free. I have tried webdrive and not had problems with it.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com