[Zope] How can a method know if it was acquired?

Itai Tavor itai@iinet.net.au
Mon, 7 Jul 2003 20:00:52 +1000

Hi,

I got a folderish python product with the following method:

     def SKU(self):
         """ Return our SKU for the catalog """
         return self.sku

The problem is that when objects contained in instances of this product
are cataloged, they acquire the SKU method, so they also get the sku
property. That is bad. So what I need is something like this:

     def SKU(self):
         """ Return our SKU for the catalog """
         if (I was acquired):
             return None
         else:
             return self.sku

But I can't figure out how to do that. Help?

TIA, Itai

Itai Tavor                       "Je sautille, donc je suis."
itai@iinet.net.au                           - Kermit the Frog
-- "Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
-- "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.