[Zope] plone styles in my zpt macros file

J Cameron Cooper jccooper@jcameroncooper.com
Tue, 08 Jul 2003 12:18:29 -0500

>i have installed plone in my linux box which installed
>zope.
>now i have a folder abc in root (/abc).
>i have a ZPT macros file in abc starting with
>the first  line as:
>--div metal:define-macro="my_macro1"--
>
>now i want to call plone's header & footer files
>written in dtml. these files are stored in the
>/portal_skins/plone_templates .
>how do i call them in my ZPT macros file?

Calling a DTML document from a non-DTML place requires several
parameters (like the namespace and request.) Look it up in the source or
on  zope.org or ZopeLabs. If Plone is in fact using these methods, if
has to call them somewhere. Find it and emulate.

The newer Plones have entirely excised DTML, which was previously there
only for backwards compatibility with DTML skins, and I don't think that
older ones relied on it. You can probably use the main macro much more
easily to get your Plone look than the DTML methods.

          --jcc