[Zope] Surpress white space?

Chris Beaven chris@d-designz.co.nz
Wed, 09 Jul 2003 15:38:02 +1200

On a related note (but curving off to a tanget), I always thought it
would be quite good if there was a code compressor in Zope which could
remove all useless whitespace to reduce the actual amount of data being
sent in each page... There is something similar to this for Apache is
there not?

Unless it's inside a comment or a pre tag, are there many other
situations where we need a new line character (or 2 spaces for that matter)
The biggest cause of this is probably Dreamweaver formatted pages where
the tags get indented with a whole lot of whitespace.