[Zope] Form Persistence Strategy

Tom Affinito taffinito@vitria.com
Wed, 9 Jul 2003 16:17:48 -0700

HI Zope Experts!

Hopefully I have a simple problem.....I'm trying to figure out to =
display and validate a form, then store the form data into a searchable =
ZCatalog in the zodb.

I've looked at Formulator, but I don't know how to deal with the =
persistence issue (and I can make the form easily enough in HTML anyway =
and call a handler script, so that's fine).

I've read the Catalog chapter in the Zope Book, but making a Product =
doesn't seem to help me as my user's won't be in the ZMI.

I haven't found anything clear in the Admin's Guide that is directly =
useful for someone trying to write DTML or Page Tempates from within the =
Zope context.

I'd really just like to write a certain type of Python class (maybe =
using records?) and instantiate it and store it from some DTML so =
everything works....this has got to be easy, right? Yet I haven't found =
one clear recipe/example/HowTo.....

Tom the Zope Novice