[Zope] users online

Geir Bækholt Geir Bækholt
Thu, 10 Jul 2003 11:57:01 +0200

On  Thu, 10 Jul 2003 11:45:00 +0200 GMT (..11:45 where i live(GMT+2) )
Nicolas LAURANCE asked the Zope mailinglist about the following:

> How can I know how many users are online on my zope ?

> What can I do, so that any user that stay idle for a given time are boo=
ted,
> and have to relog when they come back ?

> thank you for you time, patience, solutions and pointers to good doc ab=
out
> this

As you are bound to get the usual explanations of how users are not
*really* 'online' in a stateless http-application from other people
(you can also search the list archives for this), i'll just leave
the academic stuff, and try to give you an easy way to get what you want
(there are many other ways, but this is a nice, simple and proven one.):

Install ExUserFolder (search for it on zope.org)
select cookie-based-authentication.
use credentials-caching (also in ExUserFOlder) with a cache timeout
(the idle time after where youwant users to have to re-log-on)
Query the ExUserolder-cache for the currently cached users to get the
number of currently-logged on users.

:)

--
Geir Bækholt