[Zope] Newbie screwup -- help!

J Cameron Cooper jccooper@jcameroncooper.com
Fri, 11 Jul 2003 14:12:27 -0500

>I just started using Zope, and just managed to create part of a usable
>portal on my site. Then for some dumb reason I changed its name -- now
>when I try to open the portal from within the management menu, I get a
>message telling me
>
>    "Redirection limit for this URL exceeded.  Unable to load the
>     requested page.  This may be caused by cookies that are blocked."
>
>I did an undo on the name change, and that doesn't help.
>
>Is there anything I can do to get back this portal, or am I s.o.l. --
>need to delete it and do it all over again?

I'm not really sure what you mean, but can't you just rename the thing
from the ZMI back to what it was?

You can also use the history tab to try to resurrect it from the last
known good state. That really ought to do the trick no matter what you
busted (presuming you didn't get really creative.)

But you shouldn't do more than half the work required to make the thing
originally in trying to get it back.

          --jcc