[Zope] Passing context from DTML to Python

Martin Richtarsky ai3@gmx.de
Fri, 11 Jul 2003 23:13:22 +0200 (MEST)

Hi,

I have an DTML document (doc) and a Python Script (script).
Both of these are stored in the root folder. Now, I want to
call doc on some arbitrary subfolder. doc outputs standard_html_header
etc. and passes control to the script to do the processing. The problem is,
'context' in the script is the folder where the caller, i.e. the DTML
document, is in. But I want to do work on the objects in the folder
doc was called on.

I would use something like:
<dtml-var expr="pythonscript(context)">
but of course there is no context within DTML.

Any hints? The documentation didn't help me.

Thanks,
Martin