[Zope] exploratory questions

Michael Teter mteter@1scom.net
14 Jul 2003 18:36:40 -0500

Howdy.

I've followed a couple of Zope tutorials, and I really like what I see
so far.

Now I would like to begin to build a Zope project to potentially replace
an existing project I have that's written in Java/JSP for Tomcat (and
connected to PostgreSQL with a pooling mechanism).

A few questions:

My site has several hundred registered users, and potentially it could
have many thousand.  Is it practical and manageable to handle access
control programmatically (assuming user info - usernames, passwords,
etc.) are stored in a Postgres db)?

Is there a database pooling mechanism for Zope+PostgreSQL?

Does anyone have any comments about Zope performance as compared to
Tomcat/Java? Any caveats?

Any pointers to information are welcome.

Much thanks,
Michael