AW: [Zope] Threading in Zope

Florian Reiser florian.reiser@ra-bc.de
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 14:39:55 +0200

No I'm not. Perhaps I should explain you my problem.

I have a zope object which compiles a huge pdf file for about 5 minutes
or so.
At some point an intermediate ISA server (M$ ;)) times out and sends an
error page
to the browser. Due to the error page the browser ignores the redirect
header in the response.
The redirect header should point the browser to a waiting page, which
checks every 10 seconds,
if the pdf file is generated yet. However IE sets the URL of the browser
to the one received
in the redirect header, but does not reload the window.

Now I want to compute the pdf-file in a separate thread, so the
originating one can return and show the
redirection page before the ISA server times out.

If you have another solution for me, how I can cause Zope the end the
response before the method returns,
I would be glad to hear it.

Regards
Florian Reiser