[Zope] Set "uncontained" attributes on a Implicitly wrapped object.

Johan Carlsson johanc@easypublisher.com
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 18:36:16 +0200

I already found a solution for this but I'm asking to
see if there might be another way to do this?

I need to save a referens to a acquision wrapped object "Configure"
in a object which at some point doesn't have it's own context (just a
single wrapped object).

I save this volatile and always uniquely for each REQUEST object (see
CMF skinable for an example).

Just assigning it to the attribute self._v_skinfolder=sf and the
accessing it as self.skinfolder makes it contained in the object
(aq_chain would say [<Skinfolder>, <Object>])

But by saving it as a tuple: self._v_skinfolder=(sf,)
it's not directly contained in the <Object> so when accessing
it self.skinfolder[0] it's returned with its original context.

Is there anyway to make uncontained attributes of an object
that inherits Acquisision.Implicit?

Cheers,
Johan Carlsson

--
Johan Carlsson          Tel: + 46 8 31 24 94
Colliberty              Mob: + 46 70 558 25 24