[Zope] apache rewrite virtual host URL-hiding

Florian Konnertz florian.konnertz@web.de
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 21:17:47 +0200

Aleksandar Radulovic wrote:
> Hello, Florian..
>

>># new domain: http://openspirit.de, does not work; forwarding bzw.
>>URL-hiding from a real hosting
>><VirtualHost openspirit.de>
>>        ServerName openspirit.de
>>        ServerAlias openspirit.de
>>                RewriteEngine on
>>                RewriteLogLevel 1
>>                RewriteRule ^/(.*)$
>>

> http://coforum.org:9080/VirtualHostBase/http/openspirit.de:80/openspirit/Vir
> tualHostRoot/$1 [P]
>
>></VirtualHost>
>

> Shouldn't it be something like this:
>
> NameVirtualHost *
>
> <VirtualHost *>
> 	ServerName openspirit.de
> 	# you don't need a ServerAlias if it's the same as ServerName
> 	RewriteEngine on
> 	RewriteLogLevel 1
> 	... rule for openspirit.de
> </VirtualHost>
>
> <VirtualHost *>
> 	ServerName openspirit.homelinux.net
> 	RewriteEngine on
> 	RewriteLogLevel 1
> 	... rule for openspirit.homelinux.net
> </VirtualHost>
>
> Setup like this works perfectly for me.
>
> Regards,
> alex.

Ok, i have seen it like this too, and also had it run once, but today in
my case it's quite strange. - Of course i tried it as you said, but no
success.
I tracked down the prob a little bit: Changes in the conf.are applied
after restart (of course);
It's simply, that apache does not recognize, that the request comes from
that domain AFAICS.
I cannot find anything about it in the logs yet. Have to check apache
docs further.
http://openspirit.de leads to the parent directory of apache doc root,
as if the vhost is not touched. :(

Any other ideas are strongly appreciated.

flo

--
Florian Konnertz   ---   http://www.florian-konnertz.de
http://openspirit.homelinux.net/noowiki/FrontPage