[Zope] Re: Zope 2.6.2 Beta 4 Released

Josef Meile jmeile@hotmail.com
Sat, 19 Jul 2003 13:33:17 +0200

> I don't get your point. Both releases have nothing in common in terms
> of release scheduling. Check the Zope 2.7 wiki on dev.zope.org
OK, I think I understood, you'll continue supporting 2.6.x till a stable
version
of 2.7.0 will be released, won't you?

I was a little bit confused because in the past when Zope.org released a
new
branch they didn't continue developing the previous one and you should
migrate
to the new one in order to have the latest bug fixes and features. But now
because
of the impact of the new features, that's what I could guess, they decided
to continue
maintaining 2.6.x and improving 2.7.x till a stable version is released. So,
it is better
to continue using 2.6.x for production and 2.7.x for testing, isn't it?

> for the new features in 2.7.  Zope 2.6 is in the maintenance phase. That
means 2.6.X will contain mostly bugfixes but no new features. Btw.
> bugfixes are usually applied to the current development branch (which is
> actually Zope 2.7) *and* on the the maintenance branch. Btw. you should
read doc/CHANGES.txt
Yes, I've already read it, but I didn't find bug Collector #964 on 2.7.0a,
but I guess it's because of the schedule differences

Thanks for your reply,
it explains some things I didn't understand,
Josef