[Zope] ZDiscussions Problem under Zope 2.6.2b3

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sat, 19 Jul 2003 14:24:20 +0200

Dennis Allison wrote at 2003-7-18 12:51 -0700:
 > The problem we encountered is with the old product.  The diagnostic came
 > from the access to _[id].threadMessageCount() near the end of the code
 > snippet below.  This portion of the code is pure vanilla, exactly as
 > distributed as ZDiscussions and has been working for ages.  Zope 2.6.2b3
 > appears to break it.  Is this a bug? or a feature?  Presumably Zope 2.5.1
 > was able to do a getObject() as needed.

It looks as if "id" would reference a catalog rather then a discussion
object.

Such things can happen due to the sometimes unstable
behaviour of acquisition and (even more) DTML namespaces.

Dieter