[Zope] Calling zsql from a page template

Michael Bernstein webmaven@lvcm.com
Sat, 19 Jul 2003 10:39:28 -0700

Roy S. Rapoport wrote:
 > [snip]
 > zsql_movienames is a zsql method returning simply a 'Name' column and
 > requiring no arguments.  I'm calling it thus:
 > [snip]
 > [snip]
 >
 > But I'm getting
 > Error Type: KeyError
 > Error Value: zsql_movienames
 >
 > Any pointers to a doc that will cover what I'm trying to do? This is as
 > elementary as it gets ...

The problem is simply that you must specify *where* the object will be
found. Page templates know about the following starting points:

root
here
container
template
request
user
modules

In your case, you probably want to use either here/zsql_movienames or
container/zsql_movienames as the path to your method, assuming it's in
the same folder as your template.

- Michael Bernstein