[Zope] LDAPUserFolder product fails to register

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sun, 20 Jul 2003 20:58:28 +0200

Gustavo Torres wrote at 2003-7-18 16:09 -0300:
 > Yes, I realized libgcc wasn't referenced by libldap, using ldd.
 > The problem is already solved.
 > Now, I'm facing a strange problem: when I use a Zope server in a linux
 > box, I'm able to create a LDAP user folder and authenticate users. But
 > when I use the Solaris server, I get:
 > --
 > Error Type: INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS
 > Error Value: {'desc': 'Insufficient access', 'info': ''}
 > --
 > Is there any place I can look for more information? The error log
 > doesn't tell much to me.

This message comes directly from your LDAP server.
It is unwilling to provide the requested information (for an unauthenticated
user).

Check the LDAP access restriction setup.

When I remember right, LDAPUserFolder tries to determine
the DistinguishedName through an anonymous query and only
then logs in as the given user.

If the server rejects the anonymous connect or query,
LDAPUserFolder will not work.

Dieter