[Zope] Formulator--pre-selecting a line in a multiline field

David Washburn dwashburn@aminfo.com
Mon, 21 Jul 2003 13:13:36 -0400

Does anyone know how to preset the selected field in a multiline field in a
Forumlator form.

The form is built with Formulator widgets and displayed using DTML - and I
have it working.

I am loading the list in a multiline field from a SQL table -- and I use a
Python script to build the list of tuples needed. That works.

Now I want to use a value from the database record I am displaying to set
the value selected in the list -- before displaying the page. I can't figure
out how to preset the selected field in the list.

If the list looks like

ABC, 1
DEF, 2
HIJ, 3

and in the database the field has a value of 2.
I would like the form, when it is rendered, to have the second line "DEF"
already selected.

I have looked in the documentation and can't find an example of this.

Any suggestions -- this is urgent!
I decided to go with Formulator and now I can't finish implementing several
forms because I can't figure this out.

Thanks,
David

David T. Washburn DWashburn@AmInfo.com