[Zope] multiple mounted storages served by ZEO?

Christopher N. Deckard chris@globalfoo.net
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 11:46:39 -0500

I looked at the DBTab Product.  It meets a lot of needs of
separating databases to, for example, individual users.  I'm not
quite clear if it can do what I need though.

DBTab lets you mounts multiple storages, including those served from
a ZEO server.  What I would like to be able to do, is to have a
single ZEO server serve up the objects.  That way if I have multiple
ZEO clients, I don't have each one mounting all of the databases.
Would this be at all possible?

At the moment I have a single server, but I am running Zope in a ZEO
configuration.  As clients sign on, I want to be able to put their
Data.fs file where I can keep track of quotas.  I would potentially
have other ZEO clients, but I don't want to run a ZEO server
instance for each ZODB I want to mount on multiple ZEO clients on
multiple physical servers.

Maybe what I'm asking is insane.  :-)  Please let me know your
thoughts.

-Chris