[Zope] Re: Failed to reset inituser

Josef Meile jmeile@hotmail.com
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 21:42:15 +0200

> Silly me, I lost my password to the zope-management interface.
> I try to set a new one via the shell, but I receive following error:
>

> [root@*** zope]# python zpasswd.py inituser
> Username: admin
> Password: ***
> Verify password: ***
>
> Please choose a format from:
>
> SHA - SHA-1 hashed password (default)
> CRYPT - UNIX-style crypt password
> CLEARTEXT - no protection
>
> Encoding: SHA
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File "zpasswd.py", line 200, in ?
>     if __name__=='__main__': main(sys.argv)
>   File "zpasswd.py", line 184, in main
>     if encoding.upper() in ['SHA', 'CRYPT', 'CLEARTEXT']:
> AttributeError: 'string' object has no attribute 'upper'

Are you using the python that comes with zope? Perhaps the
python that comes with your linux isn't the same one of the one
that you use with zope. Some old python versions doesn't support
things like:

myString.upper()

So, you had better try:
PathToMyZope/bin/python zpasswd.py inituser

or if you compiled python from source, you should use this path.

Regards,
Josef