[Zope] PyXML and SOAPpy installation for Zope

Gilles Lenfant gilles@pilotsystems.net
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 21:50:32 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: "Charlie Jones" <charlie.jones@cadence-technologies.com>
To: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2003 8:23 PM
Subject: [Zope] PyXML and SOAPpy installation for Zope

> I am trying to create some External Methods in Zope to access some
> simple web services.  I have both these packages working under the
> default Python installation on my server, but I don't have a clue on
> how to get them to install in the python setup for Zope.
>
> I'm not even sure if they will work under Zope, so I'm seeking some
> advice.  The last thing I want to do is screw up my Zope installation.
> If anyone can offer some help that would be great.

Don't worry if you only need a SOAP client used by your Zope site.
An SOAP client as external method won't screw your installation, even if
(very) buggy. You can event turn it into a Python product.
In the other hand, serving WSDL/SOAP with Zope is tricky. This certainly
requires to patch the ZServer. Don't play with this if you're newbie.

--Gilles