[Zope] zope2.7b1 does not start on winXP

Brian Lloyd brian@zope.com
Wed, 23 Jul 2003 09:23:03 -0400

> >  - typing bin\runzope.bat
> L:\Zope\Zope27\ZopeInstanceFiles>bin\runzope.bat
>
> ok, I did it ...
> and see nothing but the run.py_call and the prompt:

Hi Elena,

You don't by any chance happen to have any kind of proxy
server running on your machine, do you? Like an ad filter
or a pop-up blocker?

I run WebWasher on my laptop, and I noticed the same kind
of behavior trying to start zope - my proxy runs on port
8080, the same one zope tries to use.

It might be worth changing the config file to set the zope
port to some other value like 9080 and see if that changes
anything...

Hope this helps,

Brian Lloyd        brian@zope.com
V.P. Engineering   540.361.1716