[Zope] Zope dies unexpectedly (segfault?)

VanL vlindberg@verio.net
Wed, 23 Jul 2003 10:46:51 -0600

Hello,

I have a database that I am trying to update, that for various reasons,
I cannot get a direct connection to.  I use an external class that I
have used in other situations with no problems

Thus, I have a setup that looks like the following:

Form ->
   -> script that processes the form, outputs dict ->
     -> script that takes dict, calls external method ->
       -> external method that updates db, returns num rows updated ->
   -> script that formats output for web
-> Output display in browser

I have each step here covered with try/excepts, especially the call out
to the external method.

Here is the text of the external method:

import sys, traceback
from team.database import interface

def exceptional_circumstances():
     return '<br>'.join(traceback.format_exception(*sys.exc_info()))

def update_adapter(self, updates, key, commit=0):
     try:
         db = interface.DB()
         updates = db.split_update(updates)
         result = db.standard_update_by_key(updates, key, commit)
     except: return exceptional_circumstances()
     return result

I have used this same interface before from different contexts, but when
  I try to use it here, Zope (apparently) segfaults.  A python core file
is left behind, and no trace of any exception is logged in any log that
I can find. (checked /error_log, the zeo log, and the zope process log
on disk)

Does anybody know why this is happening?  Has anybody seen something
similar, or better yet, fixed something similar?

Thanks,

VL