[Zope] Using zope.org member development space

Tino Wildenhain tino@wildenhain.de
Thu, 24 Jul 2003 16:30:18 +0200

Hi,

Tom P. Allred wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been developing a small (~3MB Data.fs) app to teach myself Zope and
> would like to show it to a friend in another city.  My internet connection
> doesn't allow inbound access so that's not an option.  I was wondering if I
> can upload the app to my member space on zope.org so my friend can look at
> it.  If so, can someone point me to the docs on uploading?  I'm using 2.6.1
> with Formulator.  I'd be deleting the app from zope.org when I'm finished
> writing it.

if at least your friends ISP allows inbound connections,
you could use a ssh-tunnel for this. Just open like this:

ssh -R8080:localhost:8080 user@friends.computer

and he will be able to connect to his localhost/8080 like
on your computer.

Unfortunately he will need some sort of unix to make this
happen. Maybe there is a ssh-server for win32 available.

Regards
Tino Wildenhain