[Zope] Automatic authenticating users in Zope behind IIS

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 25 Jul 2003 01:45:54 +0200

Carsten Gehling wrote at 2003-7-24 10:58 +0200:
 > ... Excellent description on Windows authentication with IE and IIS ...

Thank you very much for this! It may be very useful for me in
the future...

 > 1) Zope is run behind IIS with PCGI. All users with access to the intranet
 > must be added to the permissions for the intranet's root rolder. Zope user
 > folders are made with the special LDAPUserFolder
 > 2) Zope is run as a standalone server. Zope must simulate IIS's
 > challenge/response system. Zope user folders are made with the special
 > LDAPUserFolder
 >
 > Have anyone tried this before? I'm still at the level of getting PCGI to
 > work properly. ;-)

You should go for 1) and use a specialized "UserFolder"
that authenticates a user based on "LOGON_USER".

There are myriads of UserFolders around. Maybe, some of them
already does this. When I remember right, "NTUserFolder"
(a specialized UserFolder authenticating against the Windows
user database) can do this.

However, I usually avoid to use MS products and never
used IIS (or "NTUserFolder") myself.

Dieter