[Zope] Help with exUserfolder( CVS - postgres auth ) and Groupuserfolder ( CVS ) - a showstopper 'bug'

Heimo Laukkanen huima@iki.fi
Mon, 28 Jul 2003 06:33:56 +0300

I'm having very very strange performance problem with exUserFolder with
Group Userfolder - but only when using PostgreSql authentication source.
  With ZODB authsource or without GRUF everything works just fine
without any problems.

This is a very nasty almost showstopper for me, so any help would be
appreciated and I can atleast offer a beer in Europython 2004, if not
even something else. Like said this is almost a showstopper that I need
to overcome ,-6

Setup:
Zope 2.6.1
Python 2.2.2
ZEO
exUserFolder from CVS
GroupUserFolder from CVS
Plone 1.0.3

When using postgres authentication source inside Gruf every request
takes many seconds more to finish. First I thought that the problem was
same that I had before:

http://www.google.fi/search?q=sqlListUsers+%2B+performance+%2B+Zope&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=fi&btnG=Google-haku&lr=

But even changing caching on sql methods had no effect.

Caching on exUserFolder itself shows following:

Total Access:	117
Hits:	2 	1.71%
Misses -- not in cache	111 	94.87%
Misses -- wrong password	0 	0.00%
Misses -- session timed out	4 	3.42%

And from Call Profiler I see:

sqlListOneUser
+0.0155 	0.0002 	0.0% 	| +- sqlListUsers
+0.0156 	0.0002 	0.0% 	| | +- sqlListUsers (2nd call)
+0.0158 	0.0002 	0.0% 	| | | +- sqlListUsers (3rd call)
.... Continue

Total time for a page was more than 7 seconds, when with normal user
folder or without gruff it was 0.3 seconds.

both on sqlListUsers and sqlListUser I have set maximum time to cache to
10 seconds, but that does not seem to help at all.

Properties of exUserFolder:
Credential Cache Timeout 20 secs
Negative Credential Cache Timeout 20 secs

Any help would be very appreciated. GRUF and Exuserfolder are both great
tools and I need to be able to use them together for the sake of
requirements in certain functionality.

-huima